When it comes to picking out a wedding dress, the key is to find a gown that fits your personality, body type and style. There are so many styles to choose from. When you shop online, a lot of wedding gown sites have various options and categories to help you narrow down what you’re looking for. It’s also best to know your measurements beforehand, so you can help make the process of shopping online a lot easier. The same thing would be helpful if you’re purchasing a dress in person, that way the salesperson can help you find your size in various styles. Knowing your price range is extremely important, because you have to calculate the dress into your budget. Knowing the color of your dress is also something to think about.
We’ve put together some popular categories when it comes to buying dresses. That way, if you haven’t got the vaguest notion, we can assist just a tad.
• TYPES OF GOWNS: Ball Gown, A-Line, Peplum, Trumpet, Princess and Mermaid (Make it a Fishtail).
• GOWN LENGTHS: Above the Knee, and Floor, Knee, Ankle and Tea Length.
• ARM LENGTHS AND STYLES: Long Sleeve, Cap Sleeve, ¾ Sleeves, Spaghetti Straps and Strapless.
• DRESS FABRICS: Lace, Chiffon, Taffeta, Organza, Tulle, Shantung, Charmeuse and Chiffon.
• TRAINS: Sweep, Court, Panel, Watteau and Cathedral. [*Don’t forget about a detachable train]
• NECKLINES: Strapless, V-neck, Sweetheart, Halter, Boat, Scoop, One Shoulder or Off-the-shoulder.
• WAISTLINES: Asymmetrical, Drop Waist, Basque and Natural.
• BODICES: Corset, Overlay, Ruching, Boning and Crumb Catcher.
• BACK OF THE DRESS: Bustles and Bubbles.
• TYPES OF LAYERS: Tiered and Draping.
• EMBELLISHMENTS: Appliqués, Beads, Rhinestones and Crystals.
With our mini-guide, we hope we helped you out a little bit. The more you shop, the more of a dress education you’ll get, but it’ll give you an idea of what you want or if you’re not sure of what you want, it can help steer you closer to the perfect dress. You can’t forget about the accessories (veils, headpieces etc.)! If shopping online, you’ll have to judge for yourself based off of pictures. If you shop in a store, the salesperson has various items to add different touches to your gown to try on and see what complements your dress. Our goal at Breluxe is not only to help make things a little easier, but also the fact that we want you to be comfortable and look fab. Good luck!