I’ve seen chia seeds all over social media lately. People put it on their smoothies, make it as vegan pudding, overnight oats, etc. So what makes chia seeds a superfood? What makes them good for our health?
- Chia seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that gives you the nutrients for healthy hair, nails and glowing skin.
- Chia seeds are a good source of protein which helps with weight loss and is a definite MUST for building lean muscle.
- These tiny seeds are a good source of fiber. Fiber keeps you feel full, controls hunger (NO cravings) , and balances your appetite. Fiber helps to regulate the digestive system, which will contribute to detoxing our body.
- They are high in magnesium, potassium and calcium. These nutrients are essential for keeping our body healthy and energized.
- Chia seeds have the ability to absorb 10 times their weight in liquid which creates this unique gel that is hydrating and satisfying. (Vegan Pudding, YUM!)
Ladies and Gents out there, who are fitness and health enthusiasts. Make sure that you add Chia Seeds into your diet. This superfood will definitely give you the essential nutrients that you need!