Happy Fitness Friday!
Are you feeling a bit un-energized? Here are some detox snacks that you could eat while you are doing a detox cleanse or if you want a snack that will boost your metabolism and keep you on a healthy track.
1. Asparagus- Asparagus detoxifies your liver and flushes out impurities in your body. Asparagus also reduces bloating so this vegetable should always be present in your diet!
2. Apple- Apples are good for filling your stomach when you are having that sweet tooth craving. It can help suppress your unhealthy cravings
3. Green Smoothie- Green smoothies could be filling that it could be an entire meal, but if you are looking for a snack, definitely cut it back in half. Your green smoothie should have leafy greens such as spinach or kale, chia seeds, apple or pineapple. Drink up that green smoothies goodness!! Yum!
4. Watermelon- Studies have shown that watermelon helps detoxify your livers and kidneys. So grab that watermelon and eat up!
5. Pineapple- Pineapple cleanses out the pores in your lungs and reduces stomach fat. Eat a pineapple on an empty stomach to get the full benefits of the enzymes from the pineapple.
6. Grapefruit- Grapefruit helps to curb hunger. This fruit boosts your metabolism and has a lot of vitamin C’s. Grapefruit also makes your skin glow!
7. Celery- Celery is a good source of fiber and this will help food move through your digestive tract. Grab a few sticks of celery and some peanut butter to snack on and this will definitely fill you up!
8. Avocados- Avocados are great for lowering your cholesterol. Avocados help detoxify your liver from synthetic chemicals. This is a good addition to your green smoothies and salads.
Definitely try these 8 snacks that will help maintain your diet and detoxify your body!